Brain Change
Challenge conventional wisdom.
Destroy dogma, superstition, and lies.
Spare thoughts, anyone?


Thursday, April 16, 2009

 

The Easiest Way to Write a Song

My latest song was a gift.

Some songs play hide-and-seek with me. Others tease and flirt. The words come but the melody won't surrender. Or a melody haunts me while its words never show.

Every once in a great while a song just jumps up says, "Here I am!"

I scramble to get it all down and enjoy every second of the game. That's exactly how "All My Friends" showed up. I heard it on my morning walk, went inside and started, scribbling down the words. Found the chords for the ready-made melody and recorded this scratch track.
All My Friends
I looked around for the sound effects, but the free-sound-effects website I found made it too difficult to download what I wanted, so I picked up my pocket recorded and did it myself.

It's only a scratch. Somebody else can make it sound better.

Labels: , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?